Male yeast infection is an unpleasant and annoying problem. Many men suffer from this infection without their knowledge. They only realize it when the symptoms and signs become severe. The good news is that the infection is treatable. It can be treated using either artificial drugs or natural methods.
Below is a guide on Male Yeast Infection Treatment:
- Antifungal ointments and creams – Monistat and Lotrimin are very efficient in male yeast infection treatment. The cream is applied on the affected areas. These two drugs are available over-the-counter thus you don’t need a doctor’s prescription.
- Oral medications – It can be treated through oral medications such as Diflucan and Nizoral. These two are very efficient especially in treatment of chronic yeast infection. However, the two drugs have adverse side effects if taken for a long period thus short-term use is recommended.
Male yeast infection can also be treated through natural methods such as the ones below:
- Use of Garlic – Garlic is a powerful cure for male yeast infection. It contains both antifungal and anti-bacterial qualities. If you are suffering from male yeast infection, take chopped garlic with milk every day. You can also decide to take two garlic cloves together with warm water daily. Some even take a teaspoon of garlic paste with regular food to fight male yeast infection.
- Use of Yogurt – Yogurt is common home remedy for male yeast infection. Yoghurt contains beneficial bacteria called lactobacillus acidophilus. The bacteria help in reducing the number of yeast in the body. It also restricts yeast growth in the body. Take a bowl of unsweetened yoghurt daily. You can also apply it to the affected areas. Make sure you don’t use sweetened yoghurt since it encourages yeast growth.
- Use of Aloe Vera Gel – Aloe Vera gel has antifungal quality. Apply the gel directly to the skin and it will help get rid of any yeast infection available. Aloe Vera Gel is usually extracted from the leaves of a plant that soothes the skin. It therefore helps in alleviating skin irritation.
- Use of Cranberry juice – This is a perfect solution for bladder infection or urinary tract infection. The juice helps in promoting good bacteria levels in the body. Consume Cranberry juice at least twice per day and it will help in acidifying your system making it less vulnerable to yeast infection. Ensure the Cranberry juice you use is unsweetened since sweetened one encourages yeast growth.
- Use of Apple Cider Vinegar – The Apple Cider Vinegar in this case must be organic and unprocessed. Apple Cider Vinegar contains antifungal qualities. It also has enzymes that help in controlling Candida population in the human body. To get rid of male yeast infection, mix a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water and drink it. Do this at least once per day and you will get rid of the yeast infection.
- Use of Herbal Oils – A good example of Herbal Oils is the Tea tree oil. This oil has antifungal qualities that help in reducing the rate of yeast growth in the body. The oil should be used in a diluted form to avoid inflammation and swelling. Dilute the oil with few drops of almond or olive oil then apply it on the affected areas. The application should be done using a cotton swab since it helps in boosting its efficacy. Coconut oil can also be used since it has a fatty acid called Caprylic that has perfect anti-microbial effect. Consume a teaspoon of coconut oil before every meal. Oregano oil is another perfect remedy. It is applied on the affected area after mixing it with water or olive oil.
So as you can see there are a large number of yeast infection remedies for men. A great treatment program we recommend can be found at the link below.