Yeast Infection Remedies
What is a yeast infection?
A yeast infection is a common infection in adults and children male and female alike. The infection occurs when levels of yeast bacteria (the fungal organism Candida albicans) spread throughout the body are raised above normal.
Women are more likely to experience yeast infections in particular vaginal yeast infections.
Yeast infections, whether you are male or female can be frustrating, embarrassing and painful infections.
Yeast infections are commonly diagnosed as
- Thrush - a form of yeast infection that occurs when Candida albicans overgrows in the mouth and throat
- Candida – Candida or Candidiasis is another term to describe Thrush or a yeast overgrowth.
- Oral Yeast infection - As mentioned above this is also a term used to describe thrush
- Vaginal Yeast Infection or Vaginal Thrush - Perhaps the most common of infections occurs in the vagina of women, these infections can be persistent, hard to get rid of and lead to discomfort and even pain.
- Fungal Infections – often used term to broadly describe Candida, signs of which can appear anywhere on the body (nails, genitals of both sexes, under the arms, breasts and other damp collecting areas of the body)
Symptoms of a Yeast Infection
Vaginal Yeast Infection Symptoms
A Vaginal yeast infection is a common infection for women of all ages to get, symptoms range from mild to server and often include
- Itching and burning sensation in the vagina, in particular the vulva.
- Swollen Vulva
- Discharge from the vagina that is often white and resembling cottage cheese.
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Discomfort when engaged in sexual intercourse.
Learn more here
Men as well as women can contract a Yeast infection. Like women it can attack the genitals, causing itching, burning, urination discomfort (including urinary tract infections and unpleasant odors. Many times yeast infections of the sexual organs and the anus are referred to as candida and is often mistaken in men for jock itch or tinnea.
Another common form of yeast infection is an oral yeast infection, often referred to as oral thrush.
The presence of thrush can easily be seen by sticking your tongue out, if Candida is present the back of your tongue, or your entire tongue will be covered by an off white substance. Another symptom often experienced is cracking at the edges of the mouth.
Many other symptoms of more general, intestinal or gut yeast infections include, lethargy, irritability, memory loss or “fog”, confusion, lack of focus and stomach upsets such as reflux, heartburn and indigestion. These forms of yeast infections are often precursors for other conditions such as leaky gut syndrome and can take quite a toll on the immune system as it fights to reestablish normal levels of Candida albicans on the body..
Yeast Infection Treatment
Whether you are male or female a Yeast infection is no laughing matter, fortunately there are now a variety of yeast infection remedies, many of which are natural remedies that making getting rid of a yeast infection quite a simple process
Unfortunately, whilst there are a number of yeast infection remedies there are many that don’t actually work or are not effective enough to kill of an overabundance of yeast and return it to normal levels in the body
Our bodies have yeast present all the time, its only when the levels of yeast multiple to an extent where they are out of control that it becomes a problem. This may be caused by eating a bad diet, stress, diabetes, being infected by a partner amongst many other causes.
Treatments range from antibiotics, over the counter anti fungal ointments and medications to all manner of diets and lifestyle programs.
One program which we have found to be hugely successful is a cheap and natural solution that can cure your yeast infection in as little as 12 hours, its is a really impressive product that will not only show you how to quickly get rid of the infection but how to easily avoid reinfection, take a look here if your interested – Click Here
As mentioned before there are now a number of effective (and not so effective) yeast infection remedies, and as the name of this site implies we will be looking in-depth at many of them and coming up with recommendations as to what works and what doesn’t.
Check out this page for a great video on yeast infection remedies, click here to view the video